Sunday, February 1, 2009

ugh...Amsterdam

Well lets just say that Amsterdam was not my favorite place on earth. It has very beautiful architecture, the weather was nice, they have the best hot chocolate, BEAUTIFUL tulips that they are known for, and everyone rides bikes but that was about it that I liked. The Van Gough museum does not have Starry Night so we did not want to go there, you cannot actually see Anne Franks house without paying a fortune and waiting in an hour long line, and Heinekein is not a good enough beer to pay 20euros to see how the beer is made a try a glass. O and as many of you I am sure know, there is a little place called the Red Light District...I am not going to go into it on here but I was horrified. I don't understand how Amsterdam is on National Geographics top 20 places to see...I guess we have a difference of opinions. I did however meet a lot of really nice people manly from Michigan and Australia but that is about it. I do have some pictures mainly of the flowers because I loved them so much. O yeah and I was very excited because everyone had blonde hair and blue eyes so I knew I was not going to get slapped this weekend! I really missed hearing Spanish and was so excited whenever I heard someone speaking spanish. I fainted on the flight home, too. I remember walking to the back of the plane to ask the flight attendant for some ice water because I felt sick and then I was lying on my back with a cold towel over my face and a coke in my hand. Pretty exciting...

This coming up weekend I am taking a school field trip to Toledo and I am very excited because it is one of my favorite places in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment