Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nights in Alcala

Last night I went to a salsa dance class with my host mom, mercedes. It was really interesting and really fun to interact with a truly cultural thing like dance. It was painful to watch some of the people dance (mainly the boys) but they were really trying. It made me laugh so hard because as many might know, Spanish people do not follow a schedule. The class was suppose to start at 10pm. 10:20 rolls around and we start. The class ends at 11pm. At 11:30 the class finally finished. It was really fun though. After the class, Mercedes took Devin and I to a local pub that was having a big party last night. All of my friends were there and some of the other people we have met from different schools. Well while I was there these people came out and lit the floor on fire and people were standing over it and so I did too. It was so weird to stand on fire and not get burned! I thought it was pretty awesome. Anyways I forgot that my 11am class today was moved to Friday since we have a field trip so I walked to school early this morning and found out that I did not have class. O well maybe I will be able to get some other things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment