Sunday, April 12, 2009

First stop Milan

I slept in the airport thursday in order to catch my 6am flight to Milan from Madrid Friday morning. It was not too bad seeing how it was the beginning of Spring Break for everyone so there were a lot of people there. I arrived outside of Milan around 8am and had to take an hour bus ride into the heart of Milan to find my hostel. Eventually I find my hostel (lets just say I was in a ghetto) but we werent aloud to check in for another 2 hours. Macon and I had plans to go into Switzerland for the day but now we had all our luggage for two more hours. So we went into Milan to get lunch and lets just say Milan has one square with a church in it and thats about it...O Unless you have millions of dollars to go shopping (I just had to think about how to spell dollar by the way...o spanish). I was so excited about getting to eat pesto (my fav) so we found a restaurant and unfortunately they like noodles hard so my pesto was good but the pasta that came with it was not. BUT NO WORRIES...Gelato came next...not a dissapointment at all..although I am not a very big ice cream person so this was only one of the two times I ate it on the trip...After that we went back to our hostel. By this point it was 4 in the afternoon, we had been up for over 24 hours, we had seen all Milan had to offer, we had an early train to Venice, so we crashed and didn't wake up until it was time for the train. Getting off the plane in Italy
Milan train station

Milan mall...


The Duomo...aka beautiful but the only thing to see in Milan



No comments:

Post a Comment