Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tenerife

This weekend was las Fayas in Spain (a big festival that I get off school for) and also spring break for Auburn so I feel like I got two spring breaks, one for Auburn in two weeks one for school in Spain. Anyway, me and macon escaped to Tenerife, an island off the coast of Africa but it is a Spainish territory. It is kind of how I picture Hawaii to be but with a lot of Spanish. What we did not know was that Tenerife is paradise for those over the age of 60...I don't think we saw someone our age the whole five days we were there. O and did I mention that most of Spain's beaches are nudest? 60 years and nude....sorry I didn't take pictures. But the weather was AMAZING and the sights were so beautiful and our hostel was pretty good for how little we paid for it. There were a lot of little restaurants and bars around. We kept hearing music from our window thinking it was a karaoke bar so we went out looking for it our first night and discovered that it was actually a band that was PAID to sing at this bar. The over 60s loved it of course but we could not stop laughing because we thought it was karaoke. We also so a Meatloaf cover band...interesting...again we thought it was karaoke but he was being paid too. We basically just laid on the black sand beaches (trying not to look around at the NUDES) or at the pool. Friday we took a boat tour on a pirate ship, saw dolphins, jumped off the boat into the water, and had paella. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing trip. The island
Tenerife has a volcano right in the middle of the island so everything is built of volcanic rocks...our hotel was off the side of a cliff.

Volcanic rock cliffs...again my camera does not quite capture how beautiful this really is!

So I realized I only have about 6 weeks left. CRAZY! I feel like I have been waiting for this trip for forever and now its over half way complete?! How is that possible...I had so many things I wanted to do and plans to travel and now all those plans from so long ago lead up to my last trip to Italy...can it really already be almost time for me to go to Italy?! In December when I booked my trip to Italy I felt it would take forever for Spring Break to get here but now its only two weeks away. There are things I am missing about the USA but its basically Im just tired of talking through a computer to everyone...otherwise I dont want these six weeks to fly by like the last 2 1/2 months have...where did January and February and now almost March go?! I definitely feel that my spanish has improved a ton...trust me I am still learning so much and I am going to have to keep working hard when I get back but I'm soaking in all I can while I am here! Hope everyone's weekend went well and that the weather is as glorious there as it is here!!! (although it has gotten a little chilly again)...be praying for me! I have a lot of papers due before spring break and of course I feel like there is never time to finish it all...I'm just laying it all down!

No comments:

Post a Comment