Sunday, March 29, 2009

A stomach can change in 3 months

Devin and I have a friend in Madrid who went to Auburn but has been teaching in Madrid for 2 years and he also plays on the waterpolo team in Madrid. We have attended a couple of their games throughout the semester and last night we went to another one which was a nailbighter and then they tied....but afterwards Matt wanted to make us a good southern dinner. We were so excited to see how American food would turn out in Spain. Spain does not have a lot of the same ingredients or spices needed to make a lot of food thats why we were excited to see how Matt would do it. Anyway the menu was as followed; Fried Green Tomatoes and Mozarella cheese sticks for appetizers, homemade mac and cheese(amazing), biscuits, potato salad, wings (with 3 different kinds of sauce), fried shrimp, homemade chocolate chip cookies, and a homemade ranch sauce. Ranch does not exist in Spain so he made his own (i do not like ranch so I didnt eat it but everyone else said it was really good) and chocolate chips don't exist and neither does brown sugar so he had to cut up his own chocolate chips and he spent a week hunting down molasses to make them...I was too full to try one but Devin, Lauren, and Sarah loved them!....His roommate Carlos is from the Northern region of Spain called Asturias and his family homegrows everything they eat even the honey...so we ate some of the honey straight from the bee WOW...I will never eat honey normal again. Also when I say Matt made homemade southern biscuits, I mean HOMEMADE AND SOUTHERN. He used LARD to make it and he told us after I took one bite out of one (I stopped eating it immediately)...BUT the problem now is that I feel soooooooooo sick. I think my stomach has stopped being able to eat this kind of food (WOO HOO) I am not complaining! But it was an amazing dinner and the mac and cheese made me feel at home...Thanks Matt! He took pictures of it all so I will try to get some from him to put up.

By the way we are now 6 and 7 hours apart again. We time changed last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment