Thursday, April 16, 2009

La Papa

Alright I thought I would atleast post about seeing Pope Benedict! Friday while I was in Rome I was able to go to Stations of the Cross which was held right outside the Colliseum! What an amazing experience to be with maybe 5,000 other people and listening to the Stations in Italian (probably the most beautiful language and whoever said its just like Spanish is mistaken). There were so many people there from all over the world. I was standing next to people from Argentina, Canada, CAlifornia, and a whole lot of nuns. I have never seen sooooo many different orders of nuns in my life. Plus it was beautiful to have the glowing colliseum right behind me. I was about five rows away from the front and the pope was up on a hill. Pope Benedict XVI
Right behind me!

Vatican!


No comments:

Post a Comment